perjantai 21. maaliskuuta 2014

MUSTAT KALSARIT 7'' (Maaliskuu 2014)



TSUG-009 (Julkaistu yhdessä Hyster Tapesin, Rock 'n' Roll Bullshit Recorsdin ja Tnt Tapes & records Servicesin kanssa)


MUSTAT KALSARIT 7'' EP

A1 Liikaa hälinää
A2 Musta piste
B1 Olen pahoillani
B2 Eläinten nimiä


What other folks have said about this:
're Happy pancake!
This is a good record.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Still Single
A punk record from Finland has, by grace of history, the potential to be a really explosive thing, or at the very least, something so weird that it stands in a class by itself. Blame Radiopuhelimet or the Bad Vugum label or Räjäyttäjät (or even “What Does The Fox Say”) for having set my expectations so high in decades past. Mustat Kalsarit plays pretty standard butt-rock with some guitar detonation on “Olen Pahoillani” but what really struck me is that the four labels it took to birth this thing almost perfectly summarized my experience as a listener. “Hyster Tapes” signifies hysteria, the realm of violent possibility that this record was gonna knock me off my chair the second I put it on. “Jumatsuga” (a word that, at press time, means nothing to me) encapsulates my wan disappointment and confusion when the music turned into … wait for it … “Rock ‘N’ Roll Bullshit.” By the end I wanted to strap some “TNT” to it and blow it into a million pieces. (https://soundcloud.com/mustatkalsarit)
(Doug Mosurock)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti